You, my fellow reader, are why I created East Grove Studio
How you helped East Grove Studio become a reality
“Everyone who uses East Grove Studio’s bookish items knows they are getting a one-of-a-kind product worthy of the most popular reviewer on Good Reads.”
Hi there! I’m Sally Busby. I am a mother, wife, artist and teacher. I am most passionate about family, books, art, tea, and connection. I love hand-carving linoleum to create hand-burnished and pulled prints of authors faces. By carefully pairing those prints with quotes from the author, I am able to offer bookish gifts and art that are full of life and character.
I create products for people who are yearning for ways to connect to the authors they love. My customers, dear fellow-bibliophiles and friends, desire to have their love for literature, books and the written word all around them: on walls, notebooks, bookmarks, bookshelves, laptops, cars and clothes.
As an artist I’ve been showcased in Click magazine, Geek Mom blog, LitJoy Crate October 2016, Blue Spider’s Attic Book Boxes–September and October 2017, and Brain, Child Magazine.
When I’m not busy working on a new print for my author collection, you can catch me:
- Rereading classics
- Cooking dinner while listening to an audio book and drinking a glass of wine
- Walking our precious 12-year-old rescue dog
- Playing with my 11-year-old daughter and 14-year-old son
- Putting on the kettle for my fifth cup of tea!
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me:
- I have a master’s degree in Southern Studies.
- My favorite color is chocolate brown.
- If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be potatoes.
- I started searching for colleges when I was in 5th grade because I was just that much of an adventurer. (I LOVED school!)
- My favorite author is Kate Atkinson.